"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Friday, October 26, 2007

Sunrise Over Suburbia

Living in the suburbs of Northern Virginia these past few weeks has definitely taken a toll on my subconsciousness. I just can't think of a more unattractive and depressing landscape than a bunch of cookie-cutter apartment complexes intermingled with shopping plazas.
Yesterday morning, I woke up early to chant as usual. As I was finishing my meditation, the sun carried himself above the horizon and the most amazing shade of magenta filled the sky. My realization: No matter city, suburb, country, mountain, or dessert, the beauty of the sunrise remains an absolute truth.

2 comments:

Giriraj Gopal Dasa said...

Alysia,

You are always so thoughtful and introspective.

There is never a material impediment to Krishna Consciousness. Krishna is everywhere and in everything. It just takes time to realize that, and I see that you are catching on to that vibe!

I was happy to have your association at B-Man. definitely an experience I can never forget.

Will you come over to CA anytime soon?

I wish you well in Krishna's EXSTATIC SERVICE!

AR said...

Hari Bol Giriraj,
Glad to hear from you. I just heard about the crazy fires in So Call and I am worried about you boys. Is everyone safe and in the clear?

Next time to Calli? Who knows. Pray that I will be of some service.

This weekend we are setting up Krishna Camp AfterBurn stylee in Queens, NY. I've been working like crazy on an art project. Too much- cause I stay up late and stopped chanting in the morning.
Yikes. Pray for me and take good care of yourself and the boys.

YS, Alysia