"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Need Help Making A New Year's Resolution?

I admit it. I'm obsessed. I'm a fanatic. I can't stop thinking about it. So I'm going to do something about it.

This year, I will beg, I will plead, implore, request, abjure, advocate, beseech, besiege, bribe, canvass, conjure, entreat, impetrate, importune, invoke, nag, obsecrate, obtest, petition, pray, press, requisition, solicit, supplicate, urge, woo, and ask all of you to PLEASE STOP EATING MEAT! (in between studying for my GRE's).


"Global Warming: the impact of meat production & consumption on climate change"

"India Tells West to Stop Eating Beef"

"People should give up eating meat to halt climate change"

2 comments:

Sri Kisore Das said...

There should be a class about Vegetarianism in universities.

I went through a class about appalachia last quarter and they showed disturbing documentaries in every class about the appalachian region and it's woes.

There should be a class covering different aspects of meat eating hazards. With a gruesome movie in every class like clockwork orange.

Michelle said...

alysia! write me an email - it is michelle. love your blog post and am fully in agreement with you... i want to hear what you are up to! GREs????

mapetrotta(at)gmail.com