"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Transcendental fist fights?

While praying in front of the deities, I hear racket in the hallway. "Stupid idiot," shouts Mother Dhara. I faintly detect Atmarama Prabhuji mumbling something in Bengalii. Two minutes later I witness the both of them marching back to the kitchen with Janaka Prabhu, the Vice President of the temple, mediating the empassioned conflict that has will never be settled. Mother Tulasi, the cow, pooped twice within a half hour, some of it even blessed my skirt, while I was milking her this morning. In Srimad Bhagavatam class, Nityodita Prabhu asked the assembled devotees, "What is the conclusion of studying the function of the body?" Answer: "Everyone will die." "What is the conclusion of studying the universe?" Answer: "No one can stay."

Mother Dhara is hiding cauliflower, Jaya Sri is talking about red, white & blue stores, and Nitya Mukta is buying me dental floss in town today. The amazing part is, is that it is ALL transcendental and there is no other place I would rather be. I have totally fallen in love with the New Vrindaban devotees, the motley crew we are. Everyone is trying so hard to please Krsna. I am very grateful to have the association of these wonderful persons. Lord Nityananda, please shower us with your mercy.

No comments: