"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Whirling Dervishes meet Krishna Consciousness

This week I celebrated six months residence at New Vrindaban. Six months! What's even better is that I'm ready for six more. I never thought I would be content to reside in one place so long, what to speak of Bethlehem, West Virginia, but I'm happy. I now understand what my mom meant by saying, "There is no such thing as geographical cures." Spiritual disease, spiritual remedy.

Every hospital should have dancing and live music early in the morning and throughout the entire day. Yesterday I was spinning, Rumi style, and I had an incredible realization. My formal Latin dance training has taught me to always keep one focus or pivot point when spinning in order to keep balanced. But, everything and everyone in the temple is so beautiful that i decided to ditch the pivot point and keep my eyes wide open. I began to feel an incredible sensation. My composure was supreme. My eyes were fixed on everything and the faster I went, the sharper the scenery. I realized I was completely centered. In the larger picture, I was thinking how incredible it is that my life is becoming centered and focused despite the whirlwind of material and mundane energy completely surrounding me, aka life and society as we know it, moving at warp speed...faster, faster, and faster, bombarding me with relentless images of so-called successful lives. At that moment I knew I could have spun forever. Whirling dervishes meet Krishna consciousness ki jaya!

In other news, I'm proud to announce that the local Family Dollar store sells enema kits at a buck fifty a piece. And I thought West Virginia was uncivilized!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just left a comment but i think i erased it. your blog is awesome, especially loving the cow updates. new vrindaban is as lucky as you are.
much love
Lacie