"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shooting hoops with His Holiness.

I returned to New Vrindaban after Cleveland Ratha Yatra to the International GBC meetings. Basically, all the top administrators of the ISKCON universe blessed the community with their stay for practically one whole week. At least three days in a row, morning program was attended by over 25 sunnyasis along with some of the most well-respected devotees in the movement.

The highlights of my weekend include playing basketball with H.H. Hrdayanada Goswami. Instead of P-I-G, we played A-S-U-R-A (literally means “demon” in Sanskrit). After several evenings of darshan and two morning japa walks, Acharya Deva’s humor and intelligence has given me an even greater appreciation of Krishna consciousness and has reinforced my decision to pursue bhakti yoga as a lifetime aspiration. His blissful enthusiasm and love of Krishna is totally infectious.

Other highlights include serving fresh cow urine to H.H. Jaya Pattaca Swami every morning in the barn. What a fabulous lila. I admire his ability to reach out to so many people with his full attention, heartfelt kindness and compassion.

The mercy was flowing like anything that week and I ran after it enthusiastically. As I was packing up my room for my big move, I felt most grateful to leave New Vrindaban on such a high note. All glories to the New Vrindaban devotees who are teaching me what it really means to throw a good party.

No comments: