"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Time to Ketchup.

I moved into the temple thinking the best thing for my spiritual life would be to renounce the world and withdrawal for awhile. But some how or another, I've been to NYC on three different occassions since May on strictly devotional business. I guess I picked the right temple. Funny how things work out. Our Vaisnava tradition instructs us to enthusiastically pursue devotional life. Sure we renounce a bit in the beginning, but like H.H. Varsana Swami said last weekend, "We may be fasting, but, spiritually, we are feasting."

No comments: