"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Monday, January 14, 2008

Ekachakra Dhama, Nityananda Rama!

The day after my exam, I few ladies and myself travelled four hours by jeep to the birthplace of Lord Nityananda, Ekachakra Dhama. I got sick along the way but it was worth it. This village is the most beautiful. The tranquility that pervades the village puts me in a trance just thinking about it. Cows and traditional straw-roofed houses everywhere, water buffalo being bathed in the river, the villagers threshing grain all afternoon. We visited Lord Nityananda's birthplace, His bathing ghat, the tree grove He would take rest under, the fields He played in, the site where His wife proved her acharyaship after Lord Nityananda left the planet, and the brahmana's house the Pandavas stayed in where Bhima crushed the rakshasha. I had no idea that Caitanya and Krishna lila crossed over like this.
There was an ecstatic Hari Nam while we were there. The devotees go out every afternoon and visit the temple marking the site where Lord Nityananda took birth. The brahmancaris were awesome, totally blissed out with full smiles, enthusiastically singing the Holy Name throughout the entire village.
After prasadam, the ladies led kirtan for several hours. I've been studying mrdanga since I arrived and it was especially sweet to play for the pleasure of the deities and Lord Nityananda in his home town and all. Nitai, Nitai, Gaura Nitai! Needless to say, I was covered in dust when it was time to go.

1 comment:

Sridevi said...

Hare Krishna, I just came back from Ekachakra, too. I have been crying to go back every since. It was my dream to go to Ekachakra since I was about 7 years old and finally now as a 13 yr old I got to have darshan of the wonderful dhama.
Also another funny thing is that on the way to India this time I saw Radha Sakhi Vrinda. We had some great times "preaching" to the people in the airport.

Hare Krishna! Jai Nitai!