"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Banff National Park





Why voluntarily choose to live without the daily association of huge mountains? The mood of surrender and humility is alive in Banff National Park. For years I've attended the traveling Banff Mountain Film Festival, featuring international extreme wildlife and sport documentaries, but I never thought I would actually get around to seeing these great mountain personalities so soon. Extreme mountain unicycling, here I come. If only we had an extra day or two to stick around.

This southern Canada tour has been such a pleasant surprise. One day of hiking and hot springs later, our time in Banff has been the highlight of my trip thus far. The Canadian Rockies are magnificent in their glacial glory. The rivers run aquamarine and ice cold white. The wildflowers are never shy in front of my camera.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Leesh,
What an amazing way to preach. Thank you I love it!
xoxox Sudevi sundari dasi

AR said...

Sudevi sundari, I am eternally inspired by your enthusiasm. Gracias, hermana, para todo!