"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Toronto Ratha Yatra

The day was splendid. After a quick visit to the ol' home town, my mom and I drove across the border to Toronto and both marched alongside the magnificent Ratha Yatra carts. His Holiness Bhakti Marga Swami led kirtan and the devotees were elated. Evident by Evelyn's smile, the afternoon was infused with happiness.

The following morning, I was given a rare opportunity to cook a feast for 12 exalted guests at Satyabhauma Prabhu's apartment overlooking the Toronto skyline. I was given complete artistic freedom so, of course, I decided to cook an authentic, southern Mexican meal. The menu was as such: poblano pepper, zucchini, and sour cream enchiladas with mango salsa, guacamole, beans and blue corn chips/fried plantainsfresh whipped cream with a touch of coconut for dessert. Provecho! Lunch was a big hit and everyone left glorifying the meal. Oh, the glories of Radharani's kitchen. I am her aspiring instrument.

Unfortunately, it was goodbye to Ananda Mohini, my new friend from Germany who was travelling with me on the east coast for two weeks. As a Sacinandana Swami disciple, she explained to me that the secret behind her Krishna Consciousness is, "enthusiasm at any cost!" After practically one year of travelling around the world through India, Australia, New Zealand, and North America, she is headed back home. You're a rockstar, Ananda Mohini! Thank you for giving me your example of blissful bhakti yoga in effect.

No comments: