"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Saturday, August 4, 2007

I AM MANIFEST.





After two days and one major van breakdown in Seattle, two nights in Portland distributing books and celebrating a sweet Sunday feast with the local devotees, we made our way down to Mt. Shasta, CA. Svarga Prabhuji's apartment backed right up to the mountain making it was essential for me to sleep outside on her dock in the full splendor.

The first night we arrived was full moon and we decided to drive up to Lower Panther Camp for the monthly full moon gathering. The entire crew came and chanted Hare Krishna amongst oms, diamond sutras, exotic opera vocals, wooden flutes, rain sticks, and seven different sized, crystal singing bowls. Gotta love Callifornia.

Mt. Shasta happens to host the world's largest crystal singing bowl collection. We checked out some stores in town. After fulling aligning our chakras through sound vibration therapeutics, the demo had us spinning and grinning. Later in the afternoon we drove up to Castle Lake where I had one of the best swimming experiences in my life. Feeling water deprived this summer, I took advantage of the moment. The water was like silk and was warmer than the air. Was I swimming? Was I flying? Was I floating on clouds? All I know is that I was fully intoxicated by the lake and dizzy when I came out of the water two hours later.

Good thing we left Mt. Shasta before I got too absorbed into the New Age thang. Is there such a thing as too many crystals? Luckily, we found a monster blackberry patch on our way into town and I was able to whip together a mean blackberry pie as a grounding goodbye dessert.

No comments: