"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...

"Here is the remedy for eliminating all inauspicious things within the heart...
...which are considered to be obstacles in the path of self-realization. The remedy is the association of the Bhagavatas." -Srimad Bhagavatam (1.1.18)

Thursday, August 23, 2007

O Captain! O Captain! Where arth me Captain?


From Vancouver the van headed back to the states to begin the long road trip back east. Fortunately, a handful of old college buddies live in Seattle so I decided to make myself cozy and stay for a few weeks to catch up and take a little vacation. Annie, Levan, Kevin and Noah- these kids know me too well. It was tough saying goodbye to the girls but Malati Prabhu gave me her blessing.


By staying I was able to attend the rest of His Holiness Radhannatha Swami's program here in Seattle. The grand finale was an evening cruise ride with kirtan, lecture, and prasadam. O captain, steer me ship across this vast ocean of material suffering!


The best things about Seattle are its blackberry patches and infinite swimming spots. I'm tossing around the idea of going to grad school so I thought I would take the opportunity to check out the university while I'm here. Definite potential.

No comments: